Tuesday, July 13, 2010

a new beginning.

It's been a good while since I last blogged. Actually, a year and a half has passed. I felt it was time to start it back up in order to express once again how Chile is Awesome. It won't be in the way I had hoped and expected it to be; for instance I would have loved to have seen the picturesque Chilean scenery somewhere other than solely through my hospital window. However, that, among many other things, is not at all what God's plan had in store for me. That is to say, God's perfect plan for me; a plan that has taken me over a year to even partially understand. Since this entry is merely to explain my plan of action with this blog, my thesis if you will, I won't go into too much detail with this just yet, but this plan caused me to run, to be angry, and sometimes even to doubt the presence of god in my life. It caused me to doubt if God existed, could I really believe in such a thing?. I have slowly begun to see that these questions and these doubts were all part of that plan, were all in God's will for my life. Over the next few weeks, maybe even months, I will try to impress upon you what I have experienced over the past 20 months, and what all of this has taught me mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Keep in mind that what sparked all of this to happen was a flare-up of Ulcerative Colitis. With that said, let it be known that this blog won't always be cheerful, couth, clean, uplifting, or even PG 13. It's going to get dirty. It's going to hurt. It's going to be gut-wrenching. I couldn't do it justice any other way. It's been hard times, gross times, seemingly impossible times, but by this, I have been blessed in ways unimaginable unless you feel, trust, and believe in one hundred percent the power and faithfulness of our God. My desire is to do two things: to show how God's plan is unfolding for my life and secondly, to show God's glory revealed in my life. It won't always seem that this destination is where I am headed, but if you stick with me I promise we will get there. I have faced dark times, times when I wasn't sure if I would make it through. But I did. There is a hope in Christ. And this is why I write.

1 comment:

  1. THIS is awesome. I can't wait to read all of it!
    Un abrazo, mi amigo!

    ReplyDelete